Watch the Pride of the Southland Marching Band’s ‘12 Days of Christmas’

The Pride of the Southland Marching Band is a true jewel at The University of Tennessee, having won the hearts of Volunteer fans across the globe with their precision performances and sound. While they may be most famous for the Circle Drill, they have attained great acclaim for their performance to their own version of the holiday song “The 12 Days of Christmas.” Watch their latest performance now!

4 Comments on “Watch the Pride of the Southland Marching Band’s ‘12 Days of Christmas’

1. I always look forward to this. What a great job our band does. Thanks for all their effort and practice time!!!

2. This performance was truly amazing, though I did not cateh number 4 and number 9!! They are as fascinating to me now as when I first saw them in the fall of 1959, after hurrying from my cleanup job at Sophronia Strong Cafeteria to find a seat on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. I knew nothing of football, but I did love the Pride of the Southland.. and Claudette Riley. When she threw the baton, it literally disappeared into the sky, but she never missed it when it landed!! (Please do a feature on her soon. I ‘d like to know where the former “Miss Majorette of America” is today, etc.) There were so many like me, from country spots all across TN, who first experienced the “big time” when we hit the UT campus. I remember it as vividly now as if it had been yesterday!!

3. Loved the performance. I was once a member of the band in 1963. I have fond memories of my time with the band. This was an interesting way to find out there is now an escalator up the hill if I understood number 4 correctly. Great fun to watch the performance. Thanks.

4. 4 was escalators up The Hill
    9 was lower tuition in Tennessee

Both great ideas.

Very cool performance!! Gotta love the Pride of the Southland!