Otherwords

Brought to our attention

Nair Flores: I wanted to update you on some alumni who work at Facebook, Joel Seligstein and I. Joel works as an engineer for Facebook and I am Facebook’s first patent counsel. We both went to the UT Knoxville College of Engineering.

Stephen Holt: [Besides Haywood Harris,] UT lost another legend in June. Ike Peel Jr., 91, quarterback of the storied 1939 un-scored-upon Volunteer football team, player and coach under legendary Tennessee coach Bob Neyland, and 1992 inductee into the Tennessee Sports Hall of Fame, died at the Dyersburg Regional Medical Center on June 13.

Kate Vitasek (COB ’92, ’94): My book Vested Outsourcing: Five Rules that will Transform Outsourcing is the #1 book about outsourcing on Amazon.com. The book is based on a research project with the Center of Executive Education and the U.S. Air Force.

David Van Fleet (’62, ’69): Dr. Rhett Graves, (A&S ’06), my wife, Ella W. (’63, ’69) Van Fleet, and I have co-written two books that should be of interest to everyone, not just Vols—The Violence Volcano: Reducing the Threat of Workplace Violence and Workplace Survival: Dealing with Bad Bosses, Bad Workers, Bad Jobs.

Robin Bryson Thomerson (Law ’86): I have joined Greenebaum Doll & McDonald PLLC as a member of the Environment, Energy, and Natural Resources Practice Group in the firm’s Lexington office.

Emily Taube (’94): I have been named the chair of large firms, cabinet member for Memphis Area Legal Services’ 2010 Campaign for Equal Justice. MALS is the principal provider in Memphis of civil legal assistance to low-income individuals and the elderly in southwestern Tennessee.