HerTube

Kristi BogleKristi Bogle (’07 A&S, ’10 LAW) is currently participating in “Your OWN Show,” a nationwide competition conducted by The Oprah Winfrey Show. Bogle, who graduated from the College of Law in May, was a College Scholar and served as president of the Student Government Association during her undergraduate years at the university. She feels that her personality, experiences, education, and interests combine to give her the edge and that elusive “it” factor necessary to win the competition.

“The show that I’d like to host would basically be a combination of entertainment, politics, and human interest. I think the key for the talk show rests more on personality and the ability to host well and connect with people through stories that matter to them, rather than on a specific focus on one or two particular issues,” Bogle says.

Bogle is currently studying for the Georgia bar exam, and she notes that the timing of the contest is such that she can compete, study, and look into future work options all at once.

She hopes that she’ll soon be America’s next big daytime talk show host, and her fellow alumni can show support by voting for her audition video. To learn more about Kristi Bogle, visit myown.oprah.com to access her audition video and cast your vote. Votes will be accepted until 11:59 pm PST, Saturday, July 3, 2010.