From the Mailbag

Young alums in South Africa

We love to hear from you! We get lots of mail and wanted to share some of our recent notes with you.

It’s a Big Orange World

Young alums with UT flag in AfricaTiffany J. Davis (’04), a member of the Young Alumni Council, recently traveled with some other Tennessee Young Alumni to South Africa, and they took their orange with them!

Pictured are Marvá D. Morrow (’05), Eboni M. Taylor (’04), and Tiffany.

A Boy, His Dog, and Their Car

Daniel, dog, and plateDaniel Cohen, a 2007 mechanical engineering grad, now lives in Detroit. He’s keeping the Volunteer spirit alive in Michigan with his license plate.

Daniel is pictured with his dog Nooga, named for Chattanooga.

Like a Beacon in the Snow…

Mailbox in snowdriftPat Willoughby writes, “Thought you all would get a kick out of seeing my brother Greg Whitehead’s mailbox from last winter in Ohio. He gets lots of flack from his Ohio State friends, but he’s true orange through and through—no matter what the weather!”

The “Other” UT

Jane Wofford Porter (’68, ’70) writes:
I am a native Texan but a very proud graduate of the University of Tennessee. When informed by a Longhorn that I went to “the other UT—the one with the funny orange colors,” I just smile and say, “I am a native Texan, but my school was a college before Texas was a state.” That usually ends their side of the conversation! Go Vols!