Celebrating the Pride

Pride of the Southland photo

140th Anniversary Celebration of the Pride of the Southland Marching Band

Friday, Nov. 6, 2009
6:30 p.m.
Knoxville Marriott
500 Hill Avenue S.E.
Knoxville, TN 37915

Join fellow Pride alumni, spouses, and friends as we celebrate with one of the most prestigious marching bands in the United States: The Pride of the Southland Marching Band. This event will feature the Pride and is open to the public.

Reception with cash bar begins at 5:30 p.m. Doors open 6:30 p.m. followed by a buffet dinner and a program saluting and featuring the entire Pride of the Southland Marching Band.

On Saturday, Nov. 7, the Alumni Band will march at Homecoming as usual.

Registration information is available at alumni.utk.edu/homecoming. Contact the Alumni Office at 865-974-3011 or e-mail reunions@utk.edu with questions.

We look forward to seeing all of you at the celebration!

6 Comments on “Celebrating the Pride

1. I want to purchase a CD with the Pride of the Southland Marching Band’s music. Do you have a website where this can be accomplished?

2. Where might one find the price of this event and is it expected that attendees will purchase tickets in advance. Unless I am missing the obvious, I can’t seem to find the price listed on this advertisement or on the hyperlinked homecoming page.

3. My son is a senior Pride trumpet and I would like to purchase a DVD of the pre-game and various halftime shows from the past few years. Are these available and, if so, how can I get them?

• Hi Charlie,

You might start with the Band’s website at http://web.utk.edu/~utband/. You may also contact them at utband@utk.edu, or by phone at 865-974-5031 or 865-974-7520.

In the meantime, if I learn anything regarding an available DVD of Pride shows, I’ll be sure to post that information here.

Best,
      Torchbearer staff